Interested in an author visit to your school?
Dr. Bennett offers "interactive readings" of his award-winning children's books Max Goes to the Moon, Max Goes to Mars, Max Goes to Jupiter, and The Wizard Who Saved the World. These are assemblies in which he reads the main story (for one book) while incorporating science-based interactives and time for Q&A. Kids (and teachers) love it!
Details: Dr. Bennett generally offers two assemblies of 45 minutes each, one for lower grades (e.g., grades K-2 or K-3) and one for upper grades (e.g., grades 3-5 or 4-6). Large schools (>500 students) may request an additional assembly. Please be sure your facility can accommodate the assembly size with a screen and powerpoint projection. Note: For the most efficient use of his time, Dr. Bennett requests that schools commit to having all grade levels and classes attend his program.
"Everybody Wins" FREE School Visit Policy: Recognizing limited school budgets, Dr. Bennett offers schools the opportunity to sell books in lieu of a fee. Everybody wins because the school gets a free (or low cost) visit, kids get autographed books that they can keep, and Dr. Bennett gets the satisfaction of knowing kids will be reading his books. More than 90% of the schools Dr. Bennett has visited have qualified for the totally free visit. Here's how it works:
- Using an order form provided by Dr. Bennett (see sample), you offer students the opportunity to purchase autographed, personalized copies of the Max books at the special price of $15 (plus any applicable sales tax).
- If your book sales exceed a certain minimum (varies with travel distance; see below), Dr. Bennett will make his visit with free to your school.
- If you don't meet the minimum, Dr. Bennett will still prorate his "base fees" (also below) based on the number of books sold; e.g., if you are 25% short of the minimum, then you pay only 25% of the fee.
- Contact Dr. Bennett directly for scheduling or more information. This checklist for schools that schedule visits may also be helpful.
Free visit book order minimums:
Boulder County and Denver Metro Area (less than 1 hour drive of Boulder): 40 books. If you don't meet the minimum, fee is prorated from a base of $450.
Colorado Region, 1 to 2 hour drive from Boulder: 50 books. If you don't meet the minimum, fee is prorated from a base of $550.
Colorado Region, 2 to 4 hour drive from Boulder (no overnight stay):
75 books. If you don't meet the minimum, fee is prorated from a base of $800.
Outside Colorado Region (requiring air travel):
* Single-day visit: 150 books. If you don't meet the minimum, fee is prorated from a base of $1,250 plus travel expenses.
* Two-day visit:
210 books. If you don't meet the minimum, fee is prorated from a base of $1,600 plus travel expenses.
* Three-day visit:
260 books. If you don't meet the minimum, fee is prorated from a base of $2,400 plus travel expenses.
Note: Nearby schools may team up to make it easier to meet the book minimums and prorated fees. Since a typical visit lasts 2 to 3 hours, Dr. Bennett can generally visit 2 schools in a single day. E.g., if two schools both have Dr. Bennett come on a single-day visit, then each school has only a 75 book minimum rather than 150 books. Also: For visits with an overnight stay, Dr. Bennett will be glad to add a public lecture at no additional charge.